Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Week of August 13-17, 2018

Welcome to the first week of 6th grade!

This week we will be spent initially taking care of some organizational issues.  I will go over the class grading policy, classroom expectations, and classroom rules.  As well, the students will be completing colorful name plates so that their fellow classmates and I can get to know their names.  This is a BIG TASK for me because I am teaching ALL of the 6th grade students once again this year (about 250 students)!

On Tuesday, I will be taking the students to have their STUDENT IDs re-made.  Each student must have their ID "on and visible" each day of school.  This is a District policy, so please remember to wear your ID!!

Because using proper grammar is a necessary leadership skill, we will begin our leadership learning with a brief study of grammar.  I have discovered that grammar is not sufficiently taught at all elementary schools, and this is why I make a point of covering it in the beginning of my curriculum.  We will start our study by focusing on how to write a complete sentence so that all students will have this necessary knowledge. 

1st HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT:  DUE WEDNESDAY
Return the PINK paper on which you have written down the Class Participation Rubric to class COMPLETED AND SIGNED BY YOUR PARENT on Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment